The patent pending Bender Fender has evolved once again, taking onboard the feedback from you, this one replaces the 2.1 version. It is the same thickness and weight as the 2.1, at 22g (including fasteners), but is now 16% longer, so provides even more protection. We’ve done this by taking away material from non-critical areas and dumping it where it’s needed, i.e. between you and the rubber.
As with the BF2.1 this improved fender is well suited to tackling a fall or those pesky pine cones, when they get pulled through by the wheel. So if you prefer the downhill or wooden trail this is the one for you.
If you want even more protection; try out the Bender Fender (XL), or you’re a bit of a weight weenie; go with the Bender Fender (Lite), i.e. the lightest mudguard available, and save 6g.
Here’s a reminder of the Bender Fender’s plus points:
– It stops any muck, horse, cow and dog s*** from being flung into your face.
– It is fitted as close as possible to the knobbly bits for optimum ‘muck’ catching.
– It can be used on your 26in or 29er.
– It protects your fork stanchions and brace from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and servicing.
– Discretion is its middle name. It’s small but effective. Don’t just take our word for it! There’s loads of positive chit chat on the forums and in the online mags.
– It’s the lightest mudguard available!!
– Uses hook and loop straps to attach to the brace and stanchions, so it’s easy to fit and take off.
– It’s compatible with all forward and double sus brace designs.
– It can be used as a rear shock guard on some full sus arrangements.
– When off, it’s easy to clean as it’s flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you’re done!!